Australia 457 Visa (Temporary work visa)
457 Australian Work Visas are for employers who would like to sponsor an overseas employee for a visa to work in Australia for between 1 day and 4 years (457 Australia working visa).
There are 3 stages to complete for a work visa to be granted to an oversea employee. Sponsorship The Australian Employer gets approval as a business sponsor. The Employer must provide details on their business, benefit of employing an overseas employee, and demonstrate their commitment to training Australian residents etc.
The employer nominates each position that they would like to fill with an overseas employee (457 visa holder). The occupation must meet certain skill thresholds and must be remunerated at a specified level.
457 Working Visa Application
The prospective employee applies for Australia 457 visa (temporary working visa) to enter or to remain in Australia. The visa applicant may need to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills to match the nominated position. The visa applicant will also need to maintain medical insurance during the visa validity period. With sponsored employment, the Employer has certain obligations to abide by.
Some of these working visa requirements or obligations are listed below: -
- Obligation to cooperate with inspectors
- Obligation to ensure equivalent terms and conditions of employment
- Obligation to pay travel costs to enable sponsored persons to leave Australia
- Obligation to pay costs incurred by the Commonwealth to locate and remove unlawful non-citizen
- Obligation to keep records
- Obligation to provide records and information to the Minister
- Obligation to provide information to Immigration when certain events occur
- Obligation to ensure primary sponsored person does not work in an occupation other than an approved occupation
- Obligation not to recover certain costs from a primary sponsored person or secondary sponsored person.
Contact us to arrange a consultation to discuss your Australia visa requirements, for which we charge a fee:
Click below to find out more about Australia Visas:
We charge a reasonable fee for migration advice relating to Australia visas & visa compilation assistance. We are not affiliates of the Department of Immigration & Border Protection - they can be contacted for free advice.