Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/austra8/public_html/modules/mod_sl_menu/libraries/helper.php on line 272
Resident Return RRV - Migration Agent Perth

Resident Return Visa

Your initial permanent visa while allowing you to stay in Australia permanently also comes with a travel facility (visa) that is only valid for five years. When that visa or travel facility expires and you have not become an Australian citizen, then you must apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV). This will allow you to travel in and out of Australia and maintain your permanent residence for a further period of time.

In some circumstances if you are outside of Australia when the permanent visa expires, you lose your permanent residence and you have to apply to get it back by applying for a Resident Return Visa (RRV). The usual eligibility criteria is that you have spent at least two of the last five years in Australia. The Resident Return Visa (RRV) can also be granted sometimes if you have spent less in two years out of the last five years in Australia. Usually compelling or compassionate circumstances apply.

The Resident Return Visa (RRV) has two types – and the 155 and 157 visa. The 155 Visa is usually granted one or five years, and the 157 visa is usually granted for only three months.

All family members or persons should have their own Resident Return Visa (RRV) and if in Australia ideally the visa should be applied for about three months in advance.

If you would like any assistance applying for a Resident Return Visa please feel free to contact us.

Contact us to arrange a consultation to discuss your visa requirements or issues.  Please note that we do charge a nominal fee for a consultation. Our phone number is (08) 93010660. You can also make an enquiry using the form below.